Will I See My Dog in Heaven?

 

Will I See My Dog in Heaven?

Animals are Listed Among the Residents of the New Heaven

In two separate descriptions of the New Heaven and New Earth, the Bible mentions that animals will be present. Isaiah 11:11 says, “The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the young goat and the calf and the lion and the fattened calf together; and a little child shall lead them.”

As I am doing this post from various ideas from online to put together something on this thought we are about to let our Sophie cross the Rainbow Bridge will it be hard "YES" we lost Rowdy last fall and that was one scary moment I have heard of them passing away that way but it was just like "well you know I have had enough" and he was gone. Yes, I know we all have lost pets and if you agree with me or not it's still a little rough letting go.

This argument could go on forever so there are many different ideas and thoughts on this.

So, I have grabbed a few things from the internet and man there many on this so here am I right or am I wrong with that the question is do animals have souls, and if so, do they go to heaven?

The Bible is riddled with passages where animals, as well as nature, praise God. You can find it in the Psalms, Isaiah, and the Book of Revelation among many places. It suggests that all of God’s creation are aware of God. Numbers 22 is one of the best stories on this with Balaam and his donkey.

So do dogs, cats, horses, and other pets go to heaven? While the Bible doesn't come straight out and say "yes," it does imply through its discussion of the redemption of God's creation that our pets will greet us in the new heaven and new earth.

C.S. Lewis, a well-known apologist for the Christian faith in the 1900s and author of the famous book The Chronicles of Narnia, is known for his assertion that animals would get to heaven through the relationship of their owners with God. Therefore, a Christian's pets would be found in the new heaven because of their owner's faith.

 "I think God will have prepared everything for our perfect happiness. If it takes my dog being there (in Heaven), I believe he'll be there." — Rev. Billy Graham

The rise of Christianity seems to have ushered in the belief that dogs would not make it to heaven. Despite the fact that the word animal is derived from the Latin word anima which means “soul,”

It is a view held by many people, such as Robert Louis Stevenson, author of novels such as Treasure Island, who declared, "You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you; they will be there before any of us."

For those who love dogs, it would be the worst form of a lie to call any place where dogs were banned "paradise." Certainly, no loving God would separate people from their canine friends for eternity.

We won’t know until we get there whether or not our animals will be with us in heaven, but we can be assured that whether they are or not, we aren’t going to feel any lack or longing! God’s presence will be enough!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

False Teachers Among Us

False Teacher’s - Denominations

Local & Various Churches On Line