Prayers for My Depression

Prayers for My Depression 

Can prayer stop depression?

Findings show that praying, measured by frequency, is usually associated with lower levels of depression and anxiety.

Does reading the Bible help with depression?

Yes, it's important for your mental health too. There's nothing better for someone who is dealing with mental health issues than love, hope, and encouragement directly from God's Word. Reading the Bible may not directly cure your mental health, but it will help you get through it.

Psalm 34:17 Most Gracious Heavenly Father, my heart cries out to You right now in my time of great adversity. Depression has kept me trapped in a state of despair. But I pray Lord that You hear my cries and deliver me from my troubles. I pray that You make me whole again and fill me with the peace that You have promised me.


 Dear God, as I am feeling depressed, may this heaviness speak to me. Help me listen to what depression may have to teach me at this time. I am depressed. Guide me to a person, a place and resources to support me during these moment
s.

1 Peter 5:7 says, “Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.” When we feel so overwhelmed by depression and fearful that it may never subside, we can remember God's word in Isaiah 41:10, “Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God.

Heavenly Father, giver of life and health: Comfort and relieve those challenged by serious and chronic mental and emotional illnesses. Give your power of healing to those who minister to their needs, that they may be strengthened in their weakness and have confidence in your loving care; through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Psalm 40: 1-2  “I waited patiently for the Lord; he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure.” The Good News: The vivid imagery in this verse is especially relevant for those dealing with depression.

Dear God, help me not to fear the future but to boldly trust that you are in control when my emotions plunge me down, and when I am in despair. And times when I can't talk and don't know what to say, help me to “Be still, and know that you are God”. Be my comforter, my healer and bring me peace. In Jesus'  most name, Amen.

Heavenly Father, I am feeling down right now. Please help me to know Your peace and presence more because You feel so far off. You say that You will never leave me or forsake me so please come close to me now. Thank You for hearing my prayer.

John 14:27 (NKJV) “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
 
 
Philippians 4:6-7  6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds.
 

 Loving God, please grant me peace of mind and calm my troubled heart. My soul is like a turbulent sea. I can't seem to find my balance so I stumble and worry constantly. Give me the strength and clarity of mind to find my purpo
se and walk the path you've laid out for me.

God, grant me the serenity. To accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I can, And the wisdom to know the difference.

Matthew 4:24. This scripture on mental illness and physical health refers to the healing powers of Christ over a person's mind and body. People with both physical and mental ailments came from all around for help and were able to find cures for these afflictions.

Through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, grant me such assurance in your grace that I may put all my trust in you even when I am terrified. Amen. “Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed; save me, and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.”

I invite you into my life, Jesus. I accept you as my Lord, God and Savior. Heal me, change me, strengthen me in body, soul, and spirit. Come Lord Jesus, cover me with your Precious Blood, and fill me with your Holy Spirit.

There is so much more for you in the Bible just start reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

False Teachers Among Us

False Teacher’s - Denominations

Local & Various Churches On Line