The Lord of Righteousness

The Lord of Righteousness

                                        Matthew 6:9-13                                     Psalm 103:1-22

When we pray, we aren’t calling out to a ruthless dictator or a distant parent. We are praying to a loving Father. He is a good Father. He is a righteous King. He is totally incorruptible and endlessly compassionate towards His people. So much so, He willingly stepped into the muck and grime of history to die so we could live. There is no one like our God.

Today, we are going to read a Psalm of adoration. As we do, allow the deep love and respect of this passage to move you closer to our Lord of Righteousness.

Pray…

King Jesus, every time I think of the sacrifice you made for me, I’m amazed. You didn’t have to do it, but you did it anyway. Thank you. Everything I am today is because of you. And I’m not alone in that. In a world that is so often bad and deceitful, I’m grateful you are always good and you are always true. Help me to worship you. In Jesus’ name, amen.

Read…

Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies. He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle’s! The Lord gives righteousness and justice to all who are treated unfairly. He revealed his character to Moses and his deeds to the people of Israel. The Lord is compassionate and merciful, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love. He will not constantly accuse us, nor remain angry forever. He does not punish us for all our sins; he does not deal harshly with us, as we deserve. For his unfailing love toward those who fear him is as great as the height of the heavens above the earth. He has removed our sins as far from us as the east is from the west. The Lord is like a father to his children, tender and compassionate to those who fear him. Psalms 103:1-13 NLT

Consider…

As you read this portion of Psalms 103, what words and phrases stick out to you? Where have you experienced the goodness and mercy of God in your own life? What makes you want to praise God? What things make it hard to praise God? What sins are you holding onto that God wants to forgive?

Practice…

Pray to God with adoration. Start with the words that Jesus taught us to pray. As you do, reflect on the places in your life where God has shown up in powerful ways. Thank Him for those things. Allow those memories and moments to drive you to an even greater level of adoration for your Heavenly Father.

As you do, imagine you are talking to God face-to-face. Because, at its most basic level, that’s really what prayer is: talking to God.

When you’re ready, pray to your Father using Jesus’ words, “Pray like this: Our Father in heaven, may your name be kept holy.” Matthew 6:9 

Listen…

Create space to experience God’s presence by getting quiet, getting alone, and asking Him to speak. Start by setting a timer for five minutes.

Next, ask God to speak to you.

When you get distracted, because you will get distracted, bring your focus back to God by repeating the first words of this prayer: “Our Father…”

When the timer ends, thank God for the time you got to spend with Him, then head into your day looking for opportunities to better serve Him and serve others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

False Teachers Among Us

False Teacher’s - Denominations

Local & Various Churches On Line