Psalms 119

Audio Version Links of this are at the bottom:

Psalms 119     The Living Bible
 
Verse 1 Happy are all who perfectly follow the laws of God
 
Verse 2 Happy are all who search for God and always do his will
 
Verse 3 rejecting compromise with evil and walking only in his paths
 
Verse 4 You have given us your laws to obey
 
Verse 5 oh, how I want to follow them consistently
 
Verse 6 Then I will not be disgraced, for I will have a clean record 
 
Verse 7 After you have corrected me I will thank you by living as I should
  
Verse 8 I will obey! Oh, don’t forsake me and let me slip back into sin again
  
Verse 9 How can a young man stay pure? By reading your Word and following its rules 
 
Verse 10 I have tried my best to find you—don’t let me wander off from your instructions   
 
Verse 11 I have thought much about your words and stored them in my heart so that they would hold me back from sin 
 
Verse 12 Blessed Lord, teach me your rules   

 

Verse 13 I have recited your laws

Verse 14 and rejoiced in them more than in riches

Verse 15 I will meditate upon them and give them my full respect

Verse 16 I will delight in them and not forget them

Verse 17 Bless me with life so that I can continue to obey you

Verse 18 Open my eyes to see wonderful things in your Word

Verse 19 I am but a pilgrim here on earth how I need a map and your commands are my chart and guide

Verse 20 I long for your instructions more than I can tell

Verse 21 You rebuke those cursed proud ones who refuse your commands

Verse 22 don’t let them scorn me for obeying you

Verse 23 For even princes sit and talk against me, but I will continue in your plans

Verse 24 Your laws are both my light and my counselors

Verse 25 I am completely discouraged I lie in the dust. Revive me by your Word

Verse 26 I told you my plans and you replied. Now give me your instructions

Verse 27 Make me understand what you want; for then I shall see your miracles

Verse 28 I weep with grief; my heart is heavy with sorrow; encourage and cheer me with your words

Verse 29-30 Keep me far from every wrong; help me, undeserving as I am, to obey your laws, for I have chosen to do right

Verse 31 I cling to your commands and follow them as closely as I can. Lord, don’t let me make a mess of things

Verse 32 If you will only help me to want your will, then I will follow your laws even more closely

Verse 33-34 Just tell me what to do and I will do it, Lord. As long as I live I’ll wholeheartedly obey

Verse 35 Make me walk along the right paths, for I know how delightful they really are

Verse 36 Help me to prefer obedience to making money

Verse 37 Turn me away from wanting any other plan than yours.  Revive my heart toward you

Verse 38 Reassure me that your promises are for me, for I trust and revere you.

Verse 39 How I dread being mocked for obeying, for your laws are right and good

Verse 40-41-42 I long to obey them! Therefore in fairness renew my life, for this was your promise—yes, Lord, to save me! Now spare me by your kindness and your love. Then I will have an answer for those who taunt me, for I trust your promises

Verse 43 May I never forget your words, for they are my only hope

Verse 44-45-46 Therefore I will keep on obeying you forever and forever, free within the limits of your laws  I will speak to kings about their value, and they will listen with interest and respect

Verse 47 How I love your laws How I enjoy your commands

Verse 48 Come, come to me,” I call to them, for I love them and will let them fill my life

Verse 49-50 Never forget your promises to me your servant, for they are my only hope. They give me strength in all my troubles; how they refresh and revive me

Verse 51 Proud men hold me in contempt for obedience to God, but I stand unmoved

Verse 52 From my earliest youth I have tried to obey you; your Word has been my comfort

Verse 53 I am very angry with those who spurn your commands

Verse 54 For these laws of yours have been my source of joy and singing through all these years of my earthly pilgrimage  

Verse 55 I obey them even at night and keep my thoughts, O Lord, on you

Verse 56 What a blessing this has been to me—to constantly obey

Verse 57 Jehovah is mine And I promise to obey

Verse 58 With all my heart I want your blessings. Be merciful just as you promised

Verse 59-60 I thought about the wrong direction in which I was headed, and turned around and came running back to you.

Verse 61 Evil men have tried to drag me into sin, but I am firmly anchored to your laws

Verse 62 At midnight I will rise to give my thanks to you for your good laws

Verse 63 Anyone is my brother who fears and trusts the Lord and obeys him

Verse 64 O Lord, the earth is full of your loving-kindness! Teach me your good paths

Verse 65 Lord, I am overflowing with your blessings, just as you promised

Verse 66 Now teach me good judgment as well as knowledge. For your laws are my guide

Verse 67 I used to wander off until you punished me; now I closely follow all you say

Verse 68 You are good and do only good; make me follow your lead

Verse 69 Proud men have made up lies about me, but the truth is that I obey your laws with all my heart

Verse 70 Their minds are dull and stupid, but I have sense enough to follow you

Verse 71-72 The punishment you gave me was the best thing that could have happened to me, for it taught me to pay attention to your laws. They are more valuable to me than millions in silver and gold

Verse 73 You made my body, Lord; now give me sense to heed your laws

Verse 74 All those who fear and trust in you will welcome me because I too am trusting in your Word

Verse 75-76-77 I know, O Lord, that your decisions are right and that your punishment was right and did me good. Now let your loving-kindness comfort me, just as you promised. Surround me with your tender mercies that I may live. For your law is my delight

Verse 78 Let the proud be disgraced, for they have cut me down with all their lies. But I will concentrate my thoughts upon your laws

Verse 79 Let all others join me who trust and fear you, and we will discuss your laws

Verse 80 Help me to love your every wish; then I will never have to be ashamed of myself

Verse 81 I faint for your salvation; but I expect your help, for you have promised it

Verse 82 My eyes are straining to see your promises come true. When will you comfort me with your help

Verse 83 I am shriveled like a wine-skin in the smoke, exhausted with waiting. But still I cling to your laws and obey them

Verse 84 How long must I wait before you punish those who persecute me

Verse 85-86 These proud men who hate your truth and laws have dug deep pits for me to fall in. Their lies have brought me into deep trouble. Help me, for you love only truth

Verse 87 They had almost finished me off, yet I refused to yield and disobey your laws

Verse 88 In your kindness, spare my life; then I can continue to obey you

Verse 89 Forever, O Lord, your Word stands firm in heaven

Verse 90-91 Your faithfulness extends to every generation, like the earth you created; it endures by your decree, for everything serves your plans

Verse 92 I would have despaired and perished unless your laws had been my deepest delight  

Verse 93 I will never lay aside your laws, for you have used them to restore my joy and health 

Verse 94 I am yours! Save me! For I have tried to live according to your desires.

Verse 95 Though the wicked hide along the way to kill me, I will quietly keep my mind upon your promises.

Verse 96 Nothing is perfect except your words.

Verse 97 Oh, how I love them. I think about them all day long

Verse 98 They make me wiser than my enemies because they are my constant guide

Verse 99 Yes, wiser than my teachers, for I am ever thinking of your rules

Verse 100 They make me even wiser than the aged

Verse 101 I have refused to walk the paths of evil, for I will remain obedient to your Word

Verse 102-103 No, I haven’t turned away from what you taught me; your words are sweeter than honey

Verse 104 And since only your rules can give me wisdom and understanding, no wonder I hate every false teaching

Verse 105 Your words are a flashlight to light the path ahead of me and keep me from stumbling

Verse 106 I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again and again: I will obey these wonderful laws of yours

Verse 107 I am close to death at the hands of my enemies; oh, give me back my life again, just as you promised me.

Verse 108 Accept my grateful thanks and teach me your desires

Verse 109 My life hangs in the balance, but I will not give up obedience to your laws

Verse 110 The wicked have set their traps for me along your path, but I will not turn aside

Verse 111 Your laws are my joyous treasure forever

Verse 112 I am determined to obey you until I die

Verse 113 I hate those who are undecided whether or not to obey you; but my choice is clear—I love your law

Verse 114 You are my refuge and my shield, and your promises are my only source of hope

Verse 115 Begone, you evil-minded men! Don’t try to stop me from obeying God’s commands

Verse 116 Lord, you promised to let me live! Never let it be said that God failed me

Verse 117 Hold me safe above the heads of all my enemies; then I can continue to obey your laws

Verse 118 But you have rejected all who reject your laws. They are only fooling themselves

Verse 119 The wicked are the scum you skim off and throw away; no wonder I love to obey your laws!

Verse 120 I tremble in fear of you; I fear your punishments

Verse 121 Don’t leave me to the mercy of my enemies, for I have done what is right; I’ve been perfectly fair

Verse 122 Commit yourself to bless me! Don’t let the proud oppress me!

Verse 123 My eyes grow dim with longing for you to fulfill your wonderful promise to rescue me

Verse 124 Lord, deal with me in loving-kindness, and teach me, your servant, to obey;

Verse 125 for I am your servant; therefore give me common sense to apply your rules to everything I do

Verse 126 Lord, it is time for you to act For these evil men have violated your laws,

Verse 127 while I love your commandments more than the finest gold

Verse 128 Every law of God is right, whatever it concerns. I hate every other way

Verse 129 Your laws are wonderful; no wonder I obey them

Verse 130 As your plan unfolds, even the simple can understand it

Verse 131 No wonder I wait expectantly for each of your commands

Verse 132 Come and have mercy on me as is your way with those who love you

Verse 133 Guide me with your laws so that I will not be overcome by evil

Verse 134 Rescue me from the oppression of evil men; then I can obey you  

Verse 135 Look down in love upon me and teach me all your laws 

Verse 136 I weep because your laws are disobeyed

Verse 137 O Lord, you are just and your punishments are fair

Verse 138 Your demands are just and right  

Verse 139 I am indignant and angry because of the way my enemies have disregarded your laws

Verse 140 I have thoroughly tested your promises, and that is why I love them so much

Verse 141 I am worthless and despised, but I don’t despise your laws

Verse 142 Your justice is eternal for your laws are perfectly fair  

Verse 143 In my distress and anguish your commandments comfort me

Verse 144 Your laws are always fair; help me to understand them, and I shall live

 Verse 145 I am praying with great earnestness; answer me, O Lord, and I will obey your laws

Verse 146 “Save me,” I cry, “for I am obeying.”

Verse 147 Early in the morning before the sun is up, I am praying and pointing out how much I trust in you 

Verse 148 I stay awake through the night to think about your promises

Verse 149 Because you are so loving and kind, listen to me and make me well again

Verse 150 Here come these lawless men to attack me

Verse 151 but you are near, O Lord; all your commandments are based on truth

Verse 152 I have known from earliest days that your will never changes

Verse 153 Look down upon my sorrows and rescue me, for I am obeying your commands

Verse 154 Yes, rescue me and give me back my life again just as you have promised

Verse 155 The wicked are far from salvation, for they do not care for your laws

Verse 156 Lord, how great is your mercy; oh, give me back my life again

Verse 157 My enemies are so many. They try to make me disobey, but I have not swerved from your will  

Verse 158 I loathed these traitors because they care nothing for your laws 

Verse 159 Lord, see how much I really love your demands. Now give me back my life and health because you are so kind

Verse 160 There is utter truth in all your laws; your decrees are eternal

Verse 161 Great men have persecuted me, though they have no reason to, but I stand in awe of only your words

Verse 162 I rejoice in your laws like one who finds a great treasure 

Verse 163 How I hate all falsehood, but how I love your laws

Verse 164 I will praise you seven times a day because of your wonderful laws

Verse 165 Those who love your laws have great peace of heart and mind and do not stumble

Verse 166 I long for your salvation, Lord, and so I have obeyed your laws

Verse 167 I have looked for your commandments, and I love them very much;

Verse 168 yes, I have searched for them. You know this because everything I do is known to you

Verse 169 O Lord, listen to my prayers; give me the common sense you promised

Verse 170 Hear my prayers; rescue me as you said you would

Verse 171 I praise you for letting me learn your laws

Verse 172 I will sing about their wonder, for each of them is just

Verse 173 Stand ready to help me because I have chosen to follow your will

Verse 174 O Lord, I have longed for your salvation, and your law is my delight 

Verse 175 If you will let me live, I will praise you; let your laws assist me

Verse 176 I have wandered away like a lost sheep; come and find me, for I have not turned away from your commandments

 

https://www.bible.com/bible/1/PSA.119.KJV

https://www.bible.com/bible/1713/PSA.119.CSB

https://www.bible.com/bible/100/PSA.119.NASB1995

https://www.bible.com/bible/111/PSA.119.NIV

https://www.bible.com/bible/116/PSA.119.NLT

https://www.bible.com/bible/55/PSA.119.DRC1752

https://www.bible.com/bible/59/PSA.119.ESV

https://www.bible.com/bible/90/PSA.119.LEB

http://sirteddy.com/psalms119.mp3

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

False Teacher’s - Denominations

False Teachers Among Us

Local & Various Churches On Line